Blueberry Lemon Crumb Cake
CRUMB CAKE ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter (4 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
BLUEBERRY FILLING ingredients:
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
BROWN SUGAR CINNAMON CRUMB TOPPING/STREUSEL:
- 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of cold cubed unsalted butter
- Dash of cinnamon
INSTRUCTIONS: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Use a stand or hand mixer, whisk together butter, sugar and egg until it becomes smooth and fluffy. Next add the lemon zest and juice.
Now use a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet mixture bowl. Once its smooth, add milk and vanilla extract. Whisk again.
Use a small bowl now, toss the blueberries with a spoon of flour. Now fold the powdered blueberries into the batter. Transfer the batter into a well-greased baking dish (9×9) and rest.
While the batter rest, combine cold butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and flour and crumble by hand. Mixture should resemble the texture of wet sand. Once achieved, sprinkle topping on the batter and bake for 45 minutes or 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
Serve it with coffee or ice cream.
Credits: Nata Knows Best