Delicious Special K Bars quick and delicious
- 5 cups Special K Cereal
- 1 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Any Nut/Seed Butter
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Butterscotch Chips
- Unsalted Butter, for baking tray Steps
- Pour the cereal into a large bowl to mix, (the biggest it is the better), and lightly crush the cereal using your hands, (you should have a fine distribution of big and small pieces). Set aside.
- Grease both the bottom and sides of an 8×8 baking tray set it aside.
- In a pot over normal heat, combine corn syrup with sugar, stirring continuously to the point where it is combined well.
- When you see the sugar mixture is starting to become to a bare simmer, (bubbles forming are made around the outer edge), remove them from heat and stir in the nut butter. (I prefer peanut butter will work great, but to make them allergy-friendly, Sun Butter is also a great alternative for it)
- Once it is fully combined and smooth, now pour over the cereal and for at this step fold them together with a rubber spatula until steadily distributed.
- Press the cereal mixture into the bottom of the ready baking tray. (Make sure it’s really compressed.
- Use the lower area of a measuring cup or, ideally, use another baking tray to fully compress the mixture.)
- In a double boiler, melt the butterscotch and chocolate together. (In the microwave, melt in half-minute increments at 50 percent power.
- In the double boiler, keep chips in a bowl over a small quantity of simmering water at normal-low heat, stirring regularly to the point it becomes smooth.)
- When the chocolate is smooth, pour over the top of the cereal mixture and spread with an offset spatula or use a butter knife to make an even layer. (If you want them to look like the bars, add some sprinkles on top)
- Let it for 1-2 hours to set, now put it into the fridge.
- When the chocolate is fully set, cut them into slices.
- Now it is ready and enjoy!
For more Recipes Click Here.
Leave a Comment