Cherry & Coconut Layered Parfait
a yummy and delicious Dessert for a Healthy Gut.
This post contains a recipe to heal your gut and support your digestive system.
Serving for 2 people
Time to Prepare: 10 minutes plus cooling and at least an hour chilling.
Time to Cook: 5 mins.
- 150ml/5fl oz/scant ⅔ cup pure pomegranate juice
- 2 tsp gelatin
- 200g/7oz/heaped ¾ cup of coconut yogurt
- 500g/1lb 2oz/2½ cups pitted frozen cherries
- 1 tbsp Goji berries
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
- Put the juice in a pan, medium heat, bring to the boil now lower the heat to a simmer and whisk in the gelatin. Simmer till gelatin mixes well, whisking constantly, remove from the heat and take out the mixture to a cool temperature.
- Pour into a blender, now add yogurt and half of the blend (Cherries). Now put in the fridge for 60 mins.
- Next put the other half of blend (Cherries) into a pan over a normal heat for a min or two, now break them with a spoon, put a little of coconut mix into two cups, top with cherry compote and repeat layers, Scatter over the Goji berries and coconut flakes now time to enjoy.
Benefits for the Gut;
Gelatin is a good way to support the gut during the healing process, cherries are packed with antioxidants which are good to lower inflammation and coconut yogurt supports to repopulate the gut with friendly bacteria.