Developing the flavor of ham with some spice and onions is the main goal in this Recipe, then its usage with the richness of potatoes and also cream.
Yields about 4-5 bowls.
- 5 baseball-sized golden potatoes
- 1 bunch of dill
- 1/2 lb (8 ounces) of sliced ham
- 16 ounces of chicken broth
- 16 ounces of heavy cream
- 3 tbs of dried onions
- 1 tbs of butter
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- 1 tbs of all-purpose flour
- 2 tsps of red pepper flakes or smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of chicken bouillon (optional)
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Dice potatoes into larger chunks of sizes u like.
- Using a skillet, heat olive oil on normal heat. Now add ham and slowly roast it to the point when it turned it color browned, just slightly on the edges area, for some color and texture.
- At this point adding some dried onions, garlic powder, red pepper/paprika, and black pepper. Stir into ham and roast until fragrant.
- At this stage time to add 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Allow to heat before adding more water, for distribution of the flavor keep it stirring. At the next step, continuing to add until the time where all the broth is gone.
- Heat an 8-quart pot on normal heat. Add butter and when it melted and beginning to brown.
- Add flour at the same time whisk till smooth in texture. If you have problems with lumps, then be careful while adding olive oil to the point when it is smoothed. Remember Cold butter is not helpful. Heat it until edges are starting to become simmer.
- Whisk in heavy cream carefully, maintain constant heat add cream when you notice bubbling.
- When the cream and broth are mixed well, turn off the heat, at this point pour the broth and ham contents of the skillet to the content (cream) in the pot. Now stir for combination
- Turn down the heat to low and at this stage add the diced potatoes. You can cover it or not it is up to you, let it simmer for 60 minutes.
- When 60 minutes are over, a mixture of fat and starch will flow to the upper side. You can remove this so you won’t feel gross in the mouth
- Finely cut some dill ends, serve soup in bowls, and garnish with as much dill as you like it.
- Now it is ready
For more Recipes Click Here.
Leave a Comment