Ingredients for two people:
- 200g hard tofu
- 3 green onions
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 30g vegetable oil
- 2 tsb light soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsb black vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp white or black pepper
- Cut green onions into medium-sized chunks. Set the green part aside separately for garnish.
- Next cut the tofu into large squares.
- Mix corn starch with a small amount of water and set aside.
- Put the oil into a pan and heat it. Once it become hot, add some green onion and let it till it turn its color brown.
- In another pan, add some small amount of oil from the green onions under medium heat.
- It’s time to braise the tofu. Add the tofu to the pan and sear it the bottom is a bit brownish. Flip the tofu and now add more of the green onion oil.
- After some time put some water in it, dark and light soy sauce, vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper. Stir a bit to make it dissolve.
- Now add all the content of the green oil pot.
- Once the sauce is reduced to half, remove the tofu and take it out on a plate.
- Add the starch water to the remaining sauce in the pan. Next, add the green part of the green onion. And let it simmer for a bit.
- Spoon the sauce onto the tofu and your food is ready.
for more recipes please Click Here.