Simple Potato Capsicum Curry
- Mustard Seeds 1 tsp
- Urad dal (black gram) 1 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Onion (finely chopped)
- Green chillies 2
- Potato – cut into pieces
- Ginger Garlic paste 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri Red chili powder 2 tsp
- Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder 1/2 tsp
- Tomato chopped 1
- Capsicum (Bell Pepper)
- Coconut milk (optional)
- Heat the pan, add oil and let mustard seeds splutter. Add urad dal and curry leaves. Let it saute for 1 to 2 mins.
- Add cubed potatoes to the oil. At the same time, add green chillies and chopped Onion, mix nicely and saute. Keep it closed with a lid and let the potato cook till its soft for about 5 to 6 minutes. Add salt as needed.
- Next, add ginger garlic paste and saute. It’s time to add spice powders now, add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala, pepper powder. Mix thoroughly all the spices.
- Add the tomatoes and cook covered till tomato gravy is cooked and soft. Now, add the capsicum, saute and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- For a little bit sweetness (if you like), add few spoons of coconut milk to the curry.
- Finally, Garnish with Cilantro at the end. And our Potato Capsicum curry is ready.
For more yummy recipes please Click Here.