Ingredients for 2 people
- 250 grams of fresh tuna cut into bite-size chunks (high quality is key here)
- 1 big carrot, grated
- half a courgette, cut into thin strips
- 2 spring onions, cut diagonally
- 2-3 seaweed sheets, cut into strips
- 100 g of sushi rice (season it with some salt and mirin once it’s cooked)
Ingredients For the marinade
- 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce (feel free to add more to make it spicier)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Juice of half a lime
- Black pepper
- Sesame seeds
- First cook sushi rice. Next, season with salt and mirin, reserve.
- Cut the tuna into bite-size pieces. Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl and place the tuna in the marinade. You can do this a few hours beforehand and let it soak up the flavors (keep it in the fridge)
- While the rice is cooking and the tuna is marinating, preppare all the vegetables. You can substitute / add whatever veg you like most, such as avocado, edamame beans, cucumber… For the courgette, lightly saute them in a pan with some oil.
- Put the seasoned rice at the bottom of your bowl, followed by the marinated tuna and decorate with the rest of the vegetables.
For more yummy recipes please Click Here.