- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Half a lemon zest
- 2 tbsp butter (room temperature)
- 30g sugar
- 1/2 egg (or 1 small egg)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Yellow food coloring (optional)
- Powdered or icing sugar
- Using a spatula, dissolve the sugar butter by beating
- Next Add the egg and combine them together
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract and yellow food coloring and mix them together.
- Sieve in the flour, baking powder and baking soda
- Mix until dough has a slightly sticky texture
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 60 minutes
- Shape them into small balls, using oiled or floured hands, and roll them in powdered sugar
- Flatten the cookie balls and place them on a baking tray line with baking sheet
- Bake at 170 C for 10 minutes
Let the cookies become cool and then enjoy it.
Credits: Seasoned Kitchen
for more yummy recipes please Click Here.
Leave a Comment